Before I head off to Adelaide I decided to test my ability to update these pages using a phone. I don’t intend to carry a laptop on the trip and the phone will be the device via which I will be able to provide pictures and update the blog.
2 years ago on the Victorian tour I found I was locked out of my old blogging space and Sue had to take action on the laptop to fix things. Difficult to do over the phone and test access via the same phone. No doubt not an issue for a 14 year old but it was for me.
This time I am testing early. If anything else appears below it means I was successful and should be able to blog as I go on the way to Adelaide.
Well, let’s start at the beginning. Some time ago I bought a water bladder to fit in the case I received with Magnum. It will sling under the seat, out of the way. I tested it and the water tasted of plastic. Not keen to swallow something tasting of an oil based product I put the bladder to one side.
I thought today ‘ perhaps a better brand bladder would work OK’ so did some net research. What do you know? It seems all bladders except one taste this way!
Some research later and it seems the most used way to remove the flavour is to wash out with baking soda. The baking soda from the local shop turned out to be a solid block so I bashed it into shape with the mortar.
The bladder was filled with a water and baking soda mix and left for an hour.
It now tastes OK. The test will be next time I ride!
Talking of riding, there has been little this week. Ever since the UK visitors left I have had a chest cold. I hope it clears soon and let’s me get a few ks in before the tour starts.
Now. If I can post this it would seem I can write stuff and add pictures using the phone. Let’s Publish and see what comes out!